If you have been married…you know how exhausting the process is. After months of planning and stressing over every detail, your honeymoon is more than just a much needed vacation. It is your chance to finally relax and just enjoy being a married couple.
So where to go? Here are my thoughts on a few of the top honeymoon destinations right now!
8. Maui, Hawaii – While Hawaii might seem “overdone” don’t rule this one out! Because, honestly, how could going to this beautiful island ever get old? With rainforests, volcanoes, beaches and amazing relaxation all in one setting…it is sure to offer a honeymoon you won’t ever forget.
7. St. Lucia – While many people have been to the Caribbean, many have not been to St Lucia – the hidden gem of this famous vacation region. As the perfect destination for active couples – think beaches and water activities – as well as those who want to just relax – think five star resorts and spas…St. Lucia offers something for everyone.
6. Bora Bora, Tahiti – While it may have been made famous by celebrities visiting this exclusive destination, Bora Bora definitely won’t let you down. You will find all the romance you seek with your private bungalow overhanging the vibrant blue ocean… and don’t miss out on some of the highest quality restaurants in the world!
5. Paris – Hands down, nothing screams romance like Paris. For couples who don’t want a tropical, beach vacation, and are more interested in experience and culture…Paris is perfect. Just think of endless amounts of amazing food and wine, beautiful and historic
4. Fiji - With 322 beautiful, small islands, Fiji offers as much, or as little, as you desire. Feeling adventurous? Hike along the cliffs, take a trip snorkeling or scuba diving, or even hit up the whitewater rafting rivers to do as you desire. Feeling more casual? There is more than enough amazing beach and spa time available for you!
3. Italy – For couples who love Europe and are looking to blend adventure and romance, there are few places as perfect as Italy. From Rome to Venice to Florence and the Amalfi Coast, couples are able to explore historic ruins, embrace culture, sight-see some of the most famous areas of the world, and still find time to unwind by the sea. And did I mention the unbelievable food and wine?
2. A European Tour – Can’t decide where to go in Europe? One of the more popular honeymoons right now is a Mediterranean cruise that shows you a multitude of places along the beautiful Southern European coastline. Choose between 7, 10 and even 15 day trips…with stops including Spain; France; Croatia; Turkey; Greece and the Greek Islands; and, Italy…among others.
1.The Maldives – This one also wins for being quite possibly the most romantic destination on Earth. While many may not be as familiar with this tiny string of islands tucked away in the Indian Ocean, if you are looking for luxury, elegance and exceptional resorts, this is the place to go. Plus, they are home to the world’s first all-glass, underwater restaurant!
Have a honeymoon destination that jumps out at you? Or maybe you are like me and just planning your next romantic vacation…
♥ HOF Girl